Monday, December 9, 2013

Textual Orality

For my final piece and project,  I will be going back to Tisa Bryant and Douglas Kearney.  With tha being said, I would like to return to the idea of textual oralilty. So to jump back a few weeks to the AMAZING Bath house events, what is textual Orality? For me, it's not just the meaning of the word but it is also the sounds of the words. It's the word play that you seemingly forget to write about in your work when you are trying come with when you are trying to write these masterful pieces about whatever it is we are supposed to write about or whatever we are trying to write about, but w loose the sounds of the words as they roll off the tongue. The images given when words are spoken, said, shouted, sung. The Prosody and Musicality of the sentences structure. Speed, pace and pauses. Sorry I started singing these words in my head. That's just Jason right. But anyway, back to Tisa and Douglas, Kearney used his words and sentence structure along with music and voice to make sense of struggles within the African American community. Bryant does the same, while describing the images of paintings and film. Truly bring picture to life. So what does this have t d with teh final project? Mainly what i would like to do is bring teh text I have written to life with Oral tradition, using music and words t bring my piece alive while still answering a very simple question, What is the space between life and lifelessness? Stay tuned to the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment